This week’s Talk Radio Topic is ”Competing ‘In the Zone’: Performance Enhancement Hypnosis.”
KSTAR 1400 AM & Planetary Streams Talk Radio Network today announced that Diana Hoffman, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Trauma Recovery Specialist, and host of “Healing Talk” radio show, will talk about “Competing ‘in the Zone’: Performance Enhancement Hypnosis.’”
According to Diana, competing “In the Zone” is a common expression among elite athletes. It refers to a state of self-hypnosis that is commonly sought to improve performance skills. A collegiate distance runner described his first experience of achieving “the zone” with these words: “I was running easily, fluidly, with a very high level of focus, I felt more energy than I usually had in a race, and a lot less pain. And I did really well in that race, my time was faster than usual.”
The advantages of performance hypnosis are so significant that at today’s level of competition, most world-class athletes in a great variety of sports must learn to take themselves “into the Zone” in order to order to be competitive.
Using self-hypnosis by entering the Zone is not a new skill. Many individuals who have studied martial arts have learned this high level of focus and mental discipline. This skill is in fact thousands of years old. This underscores the fact that Performance Enhancement Hypnosis is a skill that is learned, not a procedure that is done. Alert hypnosis training involves activating specific areas of a brain, including several parts of the cingulate gyrus. This center of “higher focus” is then utilized to direct and enhance brain functions in the deeper brain–the limbic system, midbrain and brain stem.
Performance Enhancement Hypnosis involves several essential skills. These include:
1. Learning to optimize stress levels so that there is complete focus, complete balance and readiness, with no wasted effort on muscle tension
2. Eliminating fear blocks and fear symptoms, particularly fear of failure.
3. Vividly revisiting memories of success, confidence and achievement. This effectively floods the consciousness with the neuropeptides that are specific to feelings of success and confidence–a great advantage during competition
4. Focusing on the level of relaxation/readiness that allows reflex-trained skills to take over, so that the body does what it has been trained to do, what it knows how to do, without interference or override from a nervous consciousness.
5. Visualizing over and over the details of a successful performance or competition.
6. Eliminating self-defeating beliefs, distorted thinking, and negative emotional patterns that interfere with performance
7. Using hypnosis to assimilate the skills of a masterful role model.
These skills have proven to be invaluable to a great variety of competitors and performers, from golfers to bullriders, singers to drag racers.
About “Healing Talk” Radio Show: The “Healing Talk” Radio Show explores the best of current research and resources for healing mind, body and relationships. Hosted by Diana Hoffman, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Licensec Professional Counselor, and owner of Salem Counseling Center in Salem, Utah. Listen LIVE every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Mountain Time on KSTAR 1400 AM. Listen to internet replay starting the Saturday after the live show, and repeating daily for a week on http://www.planetarystreams.com and http://www.wcww.com. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit the radio blogsite, http://healingtalkradio.wordpress.com